We connect neighborhoods and community groups with data
- identifying key indicators of community change – strengthening efforts to improve neighborhoods.
- coordinating community contributions to indicator use, to local research, and to how these are published and distributed.
- empowering communities via direct technical support and access to data.
- maintaining and improve data as a resource for major community initiatives.
We convene and contribute to community conversations
- Facilitating productive spaces for shared learning from different perspectives.
- Delivering reliable data and rigorous analysis that clarifies issues and suggests meaningful action.
- Participating as an independent partner in policy discussions, guided by quantitative and qualitative data.
- Educating stakeholders by transparently sharing knowledge and skills.
We provide community data tools
- Serving the community of Durham with the Neighborhood Compass.
- Providing a primary community resource that is regularly-updated and serves all partners equally.
- Incorporating new data sets with strong community resonance and longitudinal importance.